GT VISION respects your privacy. Our guidelines for protecting the information you provide us with during your visit to our web site are listed below.
Use of Data
1. Information collected during ordering and operations process – When you order and register with GT VISION International on the web, as well as through our Customer Contact Centers, we collect the following information: name, address, phone, email, payment method including credit card numbers, personal web settings and account numbers. We do not sell or distribute this information to any third party except to complete transactions with our freight companies and third party suppliers that are authorized to drop ship orders on our behalf. Location information is used by GT VISION International for distribution purposes to allow us to provide the best possible service levels to our customer base. Information such as name, phone number, and credit card numbers are collected by third party partners of GT VISION International, such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express for the payment process.
When you register as a customer and provide us with your email address, we will occasionally send you email with recommendations or notices of new products, prices, and services. This email may include paid or unpaid advertisements from third parties (GT VISION authorised suppliers). Once you register, you will be given an opportunity to opt out of this service by changing the settings in your profile or via the first email you receive from us. If you do not initially choose to opt out, you may still block future email of this type, simply by following the instructions at the bottom of the update messages. Users also have the ability to turn off order related e-mails. The types of emails a user receives when ordering through the web site include:
• Order Acknowledgment
• Shipping Notices
• Order Approval E-mails
2. Information collected during promotional programs – Information may be collected from you via direct mail, electronic and internet campaigns as well as through e-newsletters, requests for literature and support, and customer surveys. When you respond to a promotional campaign, GT VISION collects contact information as well as additional information to help us qualify the success of a promotion and to determine eligibility. Inclusion of your email address and contact information indicates permission to send notices of new products, prices and services, including paid advertisements from third parties (authorized GT VISION suppliers). GT VISION will not sell or distribute names and mailing and email addresses and other contact information to third party advertisers except for the joint promotion of GT VISION International and the third party. Your contact information, collected from the promotion, may be transferred to a third party (an authorized GT VISION supplier) when they are responsible for fulfillment of a free item, sample, information, etc. At any time you may request removal from our mail list, see instructions below. We also post surveys on our site. These surveys are optional. The information is collected to better understand our user community and will provide feedback to allow us to improve our service. From time to time, GT VISION International may obtain email addresses from outside vendors and will send these obtained email addresses electronic marketing materials from GT VISION. Removal from the GT VISION list can be accommodated.
gtvision.co.uk uses software tags called “cookies” to identify customers and track shopping baskets when they visit our site. This benefits the customer by allowing them to stay logged in during their visit so they do not have to continually log-in. It also allows selected products within a shopping basket to remain as a customer goes to other areas to browse. To learn more about the two methods of cookie opt-out, and to exercise your choice, click here
GT VISION Ltd. maintains log files of the traffic that visits our site. We do not link any information gathered in these log files to personally identifying information. Log files are used to manage traffic loads and help provide reliable service, all with no association to your personal identity. Information collected includes IP addresses, browser types and pages visited.
Feedback On Our Systems
Within your GT VISION shopping experience on gtvision.co.uk, you have the opportunity to provide us with feedback. We collect user feedback to improve our systems.
Specific Customer Questions
Users who would like a response to specific questions concerning their service are directed to the Contact Us section on our web site. We read and review all of our customer service queries and use the information contained therein only to resolve the question at hand.
Correct/Update/Delete User Information On gtvision.co.uk
Users can update or correct, their personal information on Gtvision.co.uk by changing their profile information in “My Account”. If you have any questions, e-mail our Solutions Team.
Removal from the GT VISION International Mail List
Email your request to The GT VISION Mail List Manager to be removed from our mail list.
All information gathered on the gtvision.co.uk site is stored and maintained in secure facilities. Our web site is regularly tested for potential security breaches. Our current security technology is Secured Socket Layer (SSL).
Data Theft Contingency Plan
GT VISION International utilizes the Internet to provide a variety of features to our customers. In the course of conducting business functions via the Internet, we store data related to those functions within our systems. To protect the sensitive data that belongs to our customers, we have implemented a number of processes. These processes include, but are not limited to, encrypting data and utilizing Secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTPS).
GT VISION makes every effort to ensure that data is secure. In the event that our processes fail to prevent the theft of sensitive data, we will undertake the following:
• Customers that may be impacted by any data theft will be notified.
• Notification that data has been compromised will be given to the vendor bank within 48 hours of obtaining this knowledge.
• At the request of the customer, we will place on record the contact information for any impacted financial institution (i.e. credit card issuer) and notify the institution within the same time frame as given above.
• We will communicate to the customer whatever information may aid their efforts to prevent data theft from causing harm to their organization. This may include an estimate of the number of records, users, or accounts involved.
• Following any event that involves compromised data, we will collect feedback from the impacted customers. This feedback will be used to adjust this process to better serve our customers in any future events